Saturday, January 29, 2011

Trixie by Tori Alexander

I won this book in an ARC drawing from Library Thing.

Well, I have to say that I struggled through this one, but I made it. I found the writing to be too "flowery" and wordy for my taste.

This is a story about a stripper named Pixie, who meets another stripper named Trixie (right there is a little weird). Pixie is telling Trixie's story, intermixed with her own. At the begining of the story, Pixie states that Trixie is dead, but does not say why or how. Herein lies the story. The author takes you through a short period of time in which many, many events take place that lead to Trixie's death.

The end of the book was a total disappointment for me. It was not as I had expected, but that may or may not be a good thing. Throughout this book, I kept trying to like it, but the truth is, I thought it was only so-so and found myself hurrying through it so that I could get on to my next book. It was just not my cup of tea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment