Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dirty Little Angels by Chris Tusa

I won this book as an ARC from Library Thing. 

I really enjoyed this book. I was "warned" by the author that it is pretty dark, and it surely was, but it was so very good!  It was a book that I didn't want to put down.

This story is about a 16 year old girl, her 19 year old brother and their parents.  The mother had just had a miscarriage and has holed herself up in her room and isn't paying attention to either one of her kids, while the father, recently unemployed, drinks too much and is down at the local pool hall most of every day.  This is a story set in New Orleans, a place I've never been. There are many references to different areas and/or street names. The 16 year old girl, Hailey, is in turmoil throughout the book, for many reasons that are explained while reading.  A great story of family dynamics, mistrust and the importance of being supportive of family.

I very much recommend this book for anyone to read, as it has all the elements of a great storyline....adventure, mystery, betrayal, religion, love, etc. Great book Mr. Tusa!

No comments:

Post a Comment